Sunday, May 27, 2012

I Went To Faithbridge Among Other Thoughts…

Wow. Full of life. Tons of kids and very dynamic. The seats were full on a holiday weekend. Coffee, donuts, juice. I see the attraction. Full of light. Full of life. We even got a hard back Bible for visiting and a copy of “The Case For Faith”. Not my style of worship. I need a choir. I need the Lord’s Prayer. I need Doxology. I need a Children’s moment. I need a Creed. I need Sunday school.

Klein has a unique opportunity. I see all these contemporary worship type churches opening up. I saw Kerry Shook on TV this morning. There is a Methodist Church opened up just 15 minutes away. All contemporary. This is where Klein can fill a niche and can grow. A year ago I visited Wildwood United Methodist in Magnolia. It’s contemporary. Also a year ago I visited Christ Church in the Woodlands. I want to be there. That’s where Klein needs to go. If I remember they have a traditional blend. It was amazing. And it was our own Derek McNatt was the music director at the time.

The idea I am seeing is an 8:15 traditional service. The same service Klein has had for the past “umpteenth” years. Sunday School at 9:45. A simple service in the sanctuary at 10:00 to 10:30 for those on the “move”. The contemporary service in the CLC at 11:00. A traditional blend at 11:00 in the sanctuary. This is a business. Run it like a business. Set goals and if the goals are not met, find somebody that will. And companies are not run by committees. They are run by somebody at the top. That person has the most knowledge and experience and makes the company work.

Folks are asking me, “What to do”? And why me? I am just an analyst. I have zero experience in church affairs verses the years and years of experience within our clergy and staff. Fix it.

The person that gave the sermon today at Faithbridge was the pastor to the college and young adults. He is 23 years old. He is a pastor that was hired and not appointed. One of the best messages I have heard in a long time. He was speaking to the senior class but the dynamics hit us all. It was a beautiful message. Last night I thought this blog and my entries into Facebook were a time bomb. Folks making decisions to attend what church would read this information and wonder if it is worth attending. You tell me?

Today’s visit to Faithbridge told me that Klein has a niche and we must fill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment