Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My own idea

1. Klein does great in the area of missions. I get it. I hear ya. I hear we do more in missions than most larger churches. The thing about missions is if Klein goes away for whatever reason, missions will continue in another form. Klein has to address the church itself. Not everyone can participate in a mission. Most folks want a church just to attend, feel comfortable, worship.

2. Klein needs to be more dynamic. As Dr. Waddleton said in the forum, we have about 3 minutes to make an impression. One of the things I remember he said was music. I love Lee but we have to be more dynamic. This is where I say a traditional blend would work. I am not talking about loud electric guitars and drums. I am talking about a powerful piano or acoustic guitar. I contemporary solo verses a hymnal. For the most part Klein has done the same type of service for the past 30 years and folks are leaving. I get bored in church. I go because I am supposed to go. Years ago when my age group was there, my friends were there, I wanted to go and needed to go. Now its dragging myself to church to be the example in my family.

3. Dynamic. The one thing my friends at other churches tell me is how their kids hated to go to church (Klein). Now their kids wake them up to go to church. I would like to experience that. Those same friend talk about how their kids talk to them about what they learn in church without having to be asked. They hear their kids in the backseat or in their bedrooms talking about church. I would love to experience that.

4. Move the children’s Sunday school downstairs. It seems that since we moved the kids upstairs our church seems to be lifeless. If I was new and saw the dark coroners of an upstairs classroom or the brightly lit dynamic classroom of a newer church, guess where I might go? Where would my kid feel more comfortable?

5. Leadership. One person making a decision from the top. Church by committee is STUPID!! Check with that committee for that, check with that committee for this and to top it off that committee meets once a month and not over the summer time hours. Just do it. We have several years of clergy and staff experience put there and hired to do a job. They should know what works and does not work. Whatever is being decided at Klein IS NOT WORKING!! Think outside the box. Set goals. Reward goals. Construct, adjust. Move on or move them out. You’re going to offend people. Pacifying the establishment or lose members and new members is the biggest decision I believe Klein has to make.

6. My church plan.
We need to have a traditional service at 8:30
Sunday School at 9:45 to 10:40
A quick service at 10:00 to 10:30
A Contemporary service at 11:00 in the CLC
A traditional blend at 11:00 in the sanctuary.
A 5:00 PM Saturday Service at least once a month to start.
A new cultural service in Wesley Hall at 11:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment