Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Klein Church Council May 21


At church council last night I believe that the seven items Dr. Waddleton spoke about the night before is already a done deal.  It was a done deal when Nancy reported she had already spoken to others about Dr. Waddleton’s approach.  Why is Klein taking on another mission?  Who is going to do it? Who is going to run it? Who is going to move from their agenda and work on this new mission? It just goes to show a good speaker, a good communicator, a good sales pitch to a feel good, sounds good group will fall for anything.  Now I am not saying the proposal Dr. Waddleton pitched isn’t a good idea? Christianity does need to grow and Klein is good in doing mission work. But there isn’t a lot of participation outside the folks already doing mission work.  Who is going to do it? Who is going to run it? Who is going to move from their agenda and work on this new mission? I have said it once I will say it again, change for change sake is dangerous.  My focus will be on the Klein church, holding folks including myself accountable.
This is a dual situation. Folks who want to move forward with Dr. Waddleton’s proposal and those who want to focus on the issues at Klein. My focus is on Klein. In my feeble mind after Rick spoke Sunday night, half or nearly half of the room clapped.  This is where I am called.  I don’t understand why Klein would accept another mission.  But those folks who embrace Dr. Waddleton’s proposal are going to be challenged by me.  I hope I am challenged. Not to be ugly but to be held accountable, motivate, and unite in one single cause and that is to server Christ and rebuild Klein.

Honestly I lack a great deal of motivation.  I’ve been here before.  I’ve witnessed all this before. I’ve done this before and it left me empty and uncaring.  I have written before that I don’t need any of this.  I certainly do not like the attention as my wife will tell you. Other friends at other places are telling the water is good where they landed and would love to have the Swenson family join them.  They tell me their kids wake them up to go to church. They don’t understand my drive.  I have concluded I just maybe in the minority and the folks at Klein love the church the way it is. Maybe the problems I see and the folks who clapped see, are not issues at all.

I will say that when you lose the likes of me, and the type of families we have and have been losing, what would be the future of Klein? I saw 11 sixth graders at confirmation. I saw 6 kids at club 45. I counted 8 kids at children’s’ church recently. Not much of a future for the youth group.

No comments:

Post a Comment